Friday 14 November 2014

Leicester KFC refuses to issue hand-wipe because it was anti Halal

A customer at a Leicester branch of KFC has said he was “shocked” when he was refused a hand-wipe as it might offend other restaurant-goers.


Graham Noakes, 41, said he was astonished when staff at the fast food chain’s outlet in St George’s retail park refused to give him a hand-wipe because it was against its Halal policy.

Staff said this was because the wipes are soaked in an alcohol-infused liquid. Alcohol is forbidden in the Muslim Holy book, the Quran.

The Leicester-based Federation of Muslim Organisations has called the decision “bizarre”.

Graham said: “They told me it might offend other customers.

“I explained that it wouldn’t affect me. In fact - I told them I like alcohol, so it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.

“When they wouldn’t give me one, I was disgusted.

“I will never be going to KFC again.”

The father-of-two added: “I’ve never experienced anything like this before, I couldn’t believe it.

“Why shouldn’t I be allowed a wipe for my hands?

“They use wipes in hospital, what happens when we start being told we can’t have wipes there?

“I just can’t understand it.”

Graham, who lives in Birmingham, is working in Leicester on the construction of a new Muslim community centre in Highfields.

Halal is the Arabic word for ‘lawful’ and relates to what is allowed in the context of Islamic law, but is often used in conjunction with the issue of how meat is dealt with.

Suleman Nagdi, spokesman for the Leicester-based Federation of Muslim Organisations, said: “I know alcohol is prohibited in the Muslim community, but I don’t understand why you can’t use hand-wipes - there’s nothing wrong with it.

“Using alcohol doesn’t mean you’re consuming it.

“It seems like an unusual decision to be made.

“In fact, it sounds bizarre.”



What on earth are KFC doing pandering to a minority belief. It really does beggar belief.

Hand-wipes now have to be halal. What next?

This is certainly up there with some schools banning Christmas.

If we went over to India and complained about how they slaughter animals, as it offends us would they stop producing halal meat?

No wonder Britain has become such a joke to other countries.

It will do nothing to help integrate people into our society.


Vote BNP to implement common sense!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment